Farm to Forest Retreat, Sep. 22-24
Itinerary and Information
This Season of Creation, spend time with us at the
Farm to Forest Retreat
Registration is $120 for the workshops, which also includes meals. Sign-ups will select lodging on the registration form for an additional cost.
Questions? Contact us today at 740-490-6025.
September 22-24, at Procter Center
Two nights at Procter and two days filled with workshops and lessons around Creation Care, land stewardship, and nature.
This event falls during the Season of Creation, which goes from September 1st to October 4th. This is a wonderful time to plan an outdoor prayer, facilitate environmental discussions, go on a nature walk, or do all of the above at our Farm to Forest Retreat! Reserve your spot today! Learn more about the Season of Creation at EpiscopalChurch.org.
Friday, September 22
- 5:00pm, Check-in
- 5:15pm, Dinner
- 6:00pm, Procter Welcome & Keynote Speakers
- 8:00pm, Evening Campfire and Opening Ceremony
Saturday, September 23, Fall Equinox
- 8:00am, Breakfast
- 8:30am, Session 1 – Eco-Justice, and Environmental Hospitality, Jerry Cappel, Director of Center for Deep Green Faith
- 10:05am, Session 2 – Option 1, Woodland Walk, Ryan Wesolowski, Procter Farm Manager, and Dcn. Brice Patterson of Wild Church
Option 2, Start with a Garden, Danielle Vogel, Procter Center Director of Farm Development & Creation Care Advocacy
- 11:05am, Session 3 – Composting Part 1 with Nathan Rutz, Director of Soil for Rust Belt Riders
- 1:00pm, Session 3 (continued) – Composting Part 2 with Nathan Rutz, Director of Soil for Rust Belt Riders
- 2:00pm, Free time
- 3:00pm, Session 4 – Churches, and the Food System: how are we connected, Chet Bowling, Farm Manager at Black River Organics
- 4:00pm, Session 5 – Soap Making, Jill Crane of Clean by Crane
6:15pm, Evening prayer, the Rev. Joe Kovitch & Dcn. Brice Patterson
Sunday, September 24
- 9:00am, Eucharist (Eco-rist) and Closing Ceremony
- 10:30am, Brunch and departure